Friday 5 April 2013

My Drawing of Dylan!



This is Dylan on the first day we got him! I can't believe how small he was compared to now! But he is still ever so cute! (Even if I say so). Recently my friend Abbie painted this picture for me for my birthday which I absolutely LOVE! I did however start a drawing of Dylan myself, which I am sharing with you today! 


Dylan would never sit still for a portrait so I am drawing straight from the picture. I always find animals with dark fur hard to draw, not sure why. 


I have discovered now from drawing I do have a particular style. Again, this is a drawing on tracing paper with a black biro pen. I love this method as I love the tones it creates (I have said this before). One thing I would change about this drawing is his eyes. I think I have done them too bold. Eyes are a tricky thing to draw. But I think either way he still looks like my Dylan :)


Above, is my finished drawing. I may add more depth to it at a later date and make the tones darker but I have decided to 'finish' this for now. I find sometimes its always good to have a break from a drawing, you don't want to over work it and spoil it.

I've really got the drawing bug at the moment and I'm eager to draw more. So here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment