Sunday 10 November 2019

Better late than never! Introducing Mlkwood Studio, Bridlington!



Its been some time, but I thought I would get my blog going again! After selling The Priory Menswear in 2017 to Internet Fusion, it sadly closed its Bridlington stores the summer of 2018. It was a sad time, but me and Leo thought we would go back to our creative roots. 

 We got the keys to number 12B High Street, Old Town the 1st October 2018! And along came Mlkwood!



The name is from the poem of Dylan Thomas.. "Undermilkwood" we have just slightly changed the spelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJtzOD3KbLM&t=188s


Mlkwood is part gallery, part creative studio. Leo with his background in graphic design, uses it for his office and create hub. Whilst I use my creative taste filling the place with original art and handmade goods.

We are both pleased that from coming from a creative background, a lot of the pieces to purchase are friends of ours, local and from slightly further a field. 



We have been open a year now! Its crazy! The place is completely different from when we opened, it definitely shows more of our personality. Going into Christmas, we are very excited and can't thank everyone enough for there support.


Anyhow, that's my first blog post done for a while. I hope to keep this a regular thing again, and share ideas and news from myself and the gallery!

I still have my print studio at home and desperate to get back in it, it just needs a Spring clean,

You can check Mlkwood out here:


The website is still in progress.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment