Tuesday 23 April 2013

Screen Printing for Bespoke Brooch Bouquets by Lydia Rose



I was delighted when Lydia asked me to produce a screen printed sign for her company, to display at her wedding fayres and events. I had a thought about what designs I had available and then compared them to what Lydia had in mind. I then remembered my mirror silhouette. It was perfect. I then chose to place the companies name in the centre with my baroque motif around the edge. If you have followed my work for a while you may have seen this design on the repeat of one of my furnishing fabrics I produced whilst at uni.


Lydia's bouquets are beautiful. I knew this design would work well with the golds and metallic colours of her brooches. However I didn't want to just print the design on to plain white fabric. So I sourced this lovely fabric with a light floral motif across it. With the base fabric already having a faint design on it I wasn't sure how the pigment would take to it, but it worked really well creating alternative tones. 


I love printing with gold pigments. This is the final piece I chose. I did a few samples for Lydia to have a look at and use if she wished. I haven't exposed a screen from home for a while so that was a bit difficult but in the end it worked well. I am glad Lydia likes her fabric and hope to see it in use soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment