Thursday 9 January 2014

January Challenges!


Some of you may or may not know but on a Saturday I work at my local Argos retail store. Each year we have a chosen charity which we raise as much money as we can for. As part of a crazy team of retail staff we have decided to take a dip in the freezing cold North Sea in January in our Pj's! All in aid of the fantastic Charity the Alzheimer's Society. I have created an online donating page where you can give as little or as much as you like towards the cause. Please help!

The event will take place at the Bridlington Seaside on Sunday 26th January at 9.30am! If your local please come along and support! More the merrier! And please bring lots of towels and TEA!

Please find the link to the donating page here: http://www.gofundme.com/647umc

Also with Christmas and New Year out the way, many people are eager and ready to keep fit! I have been set a personal challenge by a family member to run 100km in January. I aren't the best runner but one week in I have tried to push myself as much as I can with my running. Here are a few of the distances I have done.






Up until today I have now run a distance of 16miles which is just over 25km so I am on track being a quarter of the way there and one week into the month. I'm determined to keep this going so will keep you updated on how I do.

I am also excited this week as I am hopefully coming to the end of some general painting and decorating in our 'office' I have really missed my book shelf and in excitement... ordered some lovely inspiring books! Can't wait for them to arrive! Yay!

Finally, thank you to everyone who has sponsored me and my colleagues for the North Sea Dip so far. I will be posting lots of pictures on the day! Unless we are in thick snow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment