Thursday 31 July 2014

Lauren Cherice Designs is Ready to go!


So, I am so excited my studio is more or less finished. Needs a little bit of decor here or there but I have my table up! It has been a hard 6 months with the decision to move home and studio but has been worth it. I have also now left one of my part time retail jobs and ready to get back to doing what I love most.. designing and printing. 

So it began, a few months ago, moving in to a house with a little building in the bottom of my back garden. It then slowly started to get filled with my huge collection of arty supplies, big and small.



My screens made themselves at home on the racking. 


I am very lucky that my studio is metres from my back door. Dylan regularly patrols the area, making such everything is safe and sound in the garden. He hasn't yet spent an afternoon in the studio, but hes certainly been in to check the place out.


The hardest part of getting my studio together was rebuilding my print table. It took some muscles but eventually got there and is a lovely 3 metre in size. 


I then recovered and gave it a good clean to remove all dust ready for printing! I can't believe I've actually got it in, it seemed so large but has fit in the space perfectly with room to work and print around three sides of the table. It also has plenty of room for storage underneath. 


The last step was somewhere to wash my screens, here we have my makeshift wash bay. Made out of a long plant pot. When I do get printing I am going to back the wall with some plastic so thought I don't end up with multicoloured outside walls. Hopefully this will be a success! I'll let you know.



So that's it! I think I am now ready to get back printing. I am going to give it a go over the next few days. The only worry I have is the hot weather and how this might affect my printing as I am sort of printing outside. I am sure it will be fine. So back to the drawing board! I best get busy!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your first new length; and I might have to bring a trip to see your studio :-) X

    ReplyDelete